“Counseling is the greatest investment you can make in yourself”
A Happier Life is Waiting For You!
Same or next day appointments:
We are accepting new clients.
We offer Integrative Counseling which includes Traditional Psychotherapy, Eastern Philosophies/Therapies, Consulting, Holistic Wellness Counseling, Education and Life Coaching
The Personal Growth Center is unlike any other practice in the Boston area. We provide the highest quality professional mental health services to literally thousands of individuals, couples and families.
"Improve Your Thinking...Improve Your Life!"
It is well established that everyone can benefit from an ongoing counseling and/or life coaching process. Successful individuals know all of us have the potential to grow and thrive both personally and professionally while learning new skills and confronting debilitating and negative thinking and behavior patterns.
Our clients tend to experience a positive improvement in their lives. They find an ongoing counseling relationship helps them with their personal and professional success.
The Benefits of Counseling and/or Life Coaching
Both therapy and counseling are helpful processes of self discovery. It is a process of self-discovery that can help people learn how to deal more effectively with situations in their lives; such as divorce, addictions, domestic violence, grief, life transitions, negative thinking/self defeating behaviors and much more. By learning new skills and tools, people feel more comfortable/secure and are better able to cope with tensions that arise from these and many more situations.
The counseling/life coaching process helps people get “unstuck.” Through the development of insight and increased self-awareness, people are able to gain a better understanding of their own behavior and the issues, feelings, and events that motivate them. The long term, useful benefit of therapy/life coaching is an improvement of well being and quality of life. This translates into increased self-confidence, productivity, and a greater sense of vitality and peace of mind. People of any age can grow and profit from the experience of counseling/life coaching. There is no “wrong” time to begin.
The Issues that Bring People to Counseling and Life Coaching Are:
- A feeling that life could be more satisfying than it is, that no one could feel better about oneself, and more easily reach one’s potential goals.
- Wanting to feel more effective and comfortable in relationships, wanting to stop repeating the same problems with your partner or your children, parents, coworkers and friends, wanting to communicate better and resolve conflict more effectively.
- Feeling stressed and anxious, having difficulties at work or school, problems concentrating or sleeping, fighting with family members, and experiencing failing health.
- Coping with stressful life events such as relationship breakup or divorce, a chronic or life threatening illness or death of a loved one.
- Feeling as if life is too difficult to manage, wanting to stop feeling trapped and victimized by one’s past, wanting to move beyond haunting memories of early experiences such as growing up in a family with addictions or being abused as a child or adolescent.
- Wanting to gain greater insight to oneself, wanting to discover why one behaves in certain ways and to learn why certain experiences trigger feelings that seem to come from nowhere.
What Kind of People Go into Counseling/Life Coaching?
- People who value their mental and emotional well-being as much as their physical well-being.
- People who want to get the most out of life.
- People who are not prepared to settle for just existing.
- People who appreciate the value of learning alternative approaches to problem solving.
- People who are open to learning more about themselves and what makes them do the things they do.
- People who recognized that from time to time it is okay and beneficial to seek assistance in coping with issues that are too difficult to deal with on their own.
- People who realize that being in therapy is NOT about being crazy; in fact, therapy is for those who are VERY sane.
- People who are JUST LIKE YOU!!
~Marcus Aurelius 127-120 A.D.
"The Personal Growth Center is helping me learn to enjoy every moment of my life, to live with a greater sense of understanding and tolerance while keeping greater control over my mind, thoughts and feelings. I am beyond grateful and extremely lucky to be working with Annemarie and The Personal Growth Center."