5 Ways Porn Will Hurt Your Relationship
- Porn invites comparison
- Porn encourages lies
- Porn lowers self- worth
- Porn robs of intimacy
- Porn is adultery
Addiction to porn has led to:
- 40% of “sex addicts” lose their spouses.
- 58% suffer considerable financial losses.
- 1/3 lose their jobs.
- Pornography use increases the marital infidelity by 300%.
- 56% of divorce cases involved one person having an obsessive interest in pornographic websites.
- Severe clinical depression was reported twice as frequently among internet pornography users compared to non-users.
Signs of Porn Addiction
- Unable to stop using porn or the behaviors associated with porn, despite attempts to do so.
- Become angry, hostile or irritable if asked to stop using porn.
- Keep all or part of porn use a secret from loved ones.
- Feeling as though you live a double life because of porn use,
- Continue to view porn despite negative consequences, such as broken relationships or job loss.
- Lost track of large chunks of time because you’ve been absorbed in porn use.
Additional Porn Addiction Statistics:
- 12% of websites on the internet are pornographic.
- 40 million Americans are regular visitors to porn sites.
- 1 in 3 porn viewers are women.
- 70% of men aged 18-24 visit porn sites in a typical month.
- 25% of all search engine requests are pornography related. That’s 68 million a day.
- 20% of men admit to watching porn online at work.
- 70% of the pornographic internet traffic occurs during the 9-5 workday.
- The average age of initial pornography exposure is just 11.
- About 200,000 Americans are “porn addicts,” defined as spending 11 hours or more per week online looking at porn.