“Counseling is the greatest investment you can make in yourself”
A Happier Life is Waiting For You!
Same or next day appointments:
We are accepting new clients.
Counseling, Consulting, Holistic Health Counseling and Education
The Personal Growth Center is unlike any other practice in the Boston area. We provide the highest quality professional mental health services to literally thousands of individuals, couples and families.
"Improve Your Thinking...Improve Your Life!"
We believe anyone can benefit from an ongoing counseling process. Many successful individuals and couples learn and know that everyone has the potential to grow and thrive.
Our clients tend to experience a positive improvement in their lives. They find an ongoing counseling relationship helps them with their personal and professional success.
The Benefits of Counseling
Both therapy and counseling are helpful processes when deciding, whether or not, to end a relationship. It is a process of self-discovery that can help people learn how to deal more effectively with situations in their lives; such as divorce, addictions, and domestic violence. This process helps people feel more comfortable with themselves and with some of the tensions that come from inside.
The therapy/counseling process helps people get “unstuck.” Through the development of insight and increased self-awareness, people are able to gain a better understanding of their own behavior and the issues, feelings, and events that motivate them. The most useful benefit of therapy is often an improvement in health and well-being. This often translates into increased self-confidence, productivity, and a greater sense of vitality and peace of mind. People of any age can grow and profit from the experience of therapy. There is no “wrong” time to begin.
The Issues that Bring People to Therapy and Counseling Are:
- A feeling that life could be more satisfying than it is, that no one could feel better about oneself, and more easily reach one’s potential goals.
- Wanting to feel more effective and comfortable in relationships, wanting to stop repeating the same problems with your partner or your children, parents, coworkers and friends, wanting to communicate better and resolve conflict more effectively.
- Feeling stressed and anxious, having difficulties at work or school, problems concentrating or sleeping, fighting with family members, and experiencing failing health.
- Coping with stressful life events such as relationship breakup or divorce, a chronic or life threatening illness or death of a loved one.
- Feeling as if life is too difficult to manage, wanting to stop feeling trapped and victimized by one’s past, wanting to move beyond haunting memories of early experiences such as growing up in a family with addictions or being abused as a child or adolescent.
- Wanting to gain greater insight to oneself, wanting to discover why one behaves in certain ways and to learn why certain experiences trigger feelings that seem to come from nowhere.
What Kind of People Go into Therapy or Counseling?
- People who value their mental and emotional well-being as much as their physical well-being.
- People who want to get the most out of life.
- People who are not prepared to settle for just existing.
- People who appreciate the value of learning alternative approaches to problem solving.
- People who are open to learning more about themselves and what makes them do the things they do.
- People who recognized that from time to time it is okay and beneficial to seek assistance in coping with issues that are too difficult to deal with on their own.
- People who realize that being in therapy is NOT about being crazy; in fact, therapy is for those who are VERY sane.
- People who are JUST LIKE YOU!!
~Marcus Aurelius 127-120 A.D.
"The Personal Growth Center is helping me learn to enjoy every moment of my life, to live with a greater sense of understanding and tolerance while keeping greater control over my mind, thoughts and feelings. I am beyond grateful and extremely lucky to be working with Annemarie and The Personal Growth Center."